Sunday, September 23, 2007

BABY SHOWER

The baby shower was absolutely wonderful. Milly (Mike's mom) and Riann (my best friend) did a beautiful job. It was more than I expected. As soon as I arrived I was shocked, surprised, and flabbergasted because my parents were there. I had no idea that they were going to make it. My mom from the get go had stated that they would not be able to attend due to work obligations. It was an amazing surprise. Everyone who was there to see the moment got choked up.


Mike and I are extremely lucky to have such great friends and family. Even those who could not make it were there in spirit. I appreciate all the hard work and effort that was put in to making this event a success.


Below are the pictures that were taken with my camera. Hopefully, I will be able to get everyone else's pictures as well.


By the way, I am now entering my 9 month!! Only a few more weeks.


Baby's cake

The proud parents to be getting ready to cut the cake
Who's belly is bigger?

Mis Amigos, Natalie & Victor ole' high school pals of Mike's (Victor really isn't grabbing Mike-optical illusion) :)



The future grandparents


My parents


Thank Goodness for the Girls at Work (Brenda, Devin, and Minnie)


Minnie and me :)

Trying to reach the gifts and of course Mike is just watching.


Notice I'm not really listening to him- I wonder if I do that often. :)

On your mark, get set, GO! Beer drinking games at a baby shower? Oh yeah! Who can drink out of a baby bottle the quickest.


Simon (Mike's fraternity brother) chugging along

Look at Vic, my Dad, and Natalie go
Natalie, Minnie, and Papi to be doing their best
And the winner is.....Minnie

The Winnie the Pooh decorations

Mommy's special chair

Decorations
The gift table

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Sorry we missed all the fun!!! But how exciting your parents came down and surprised you!! I bet your heart just soared when you saw them. I can't believe you are almost done- I can't wait to meet this mystery Acevedo!!

kafredrick said...

Hey Mommy to be
I wish we had been there as well. It looks like you had a blast!
I have been dying to see pictures from the shower - thanks for sharing
Not too long now and we get to meet your special little one

Julie said...

Wow, I can't believe you will have a baby before you know it! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You look really cute in your polka dot dress! Enjoy these last few weeks....