Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cora update

Cora is almost a year old now. I keep looking at her wondering where the time has gone. She is moving around so much and I can't keep my eyes off of her. Never would I have thought a child would bring such joy and warmth into my heart. She keeps me laughing and smiling (even when I'm cleaning up vomit and poop). Yesterday she had tubes put into her ears. We have been dealing with chronic ear infections since April. Hopefully, this will help her. The doctor advised that the smell of the stuff draining would be foul. Boy, was he right. Of course, Cora has been sick all this week. Sunday she was throwing up and had diarrhea all week long. Our poor carpet has seen better days. I'm going to have to bomb the whole house with Lysol. Cora is finally starting to come around though. We are hoping with the tubes she can recover more quickly from colds and it doesn't automatically lead to an ear infection. Ahhh, the wonderful world of motherhood. They don't talk about this in the books. :)






4 comments:

Jenna said...

Aww, poor Cora!! Hopefully the tubes are just what she needed to get rif og those infections. Look at how gorgeous she is, Jen!! Can't wait to see you all next week!

kafredrick said...

Yea!! I am so glad for the update!
Sweet sweet pictures of your cutie.
I hope she is feeling better and the tubes ended up helping.

Julie said...

Poor thing! Hope the tubes will help! Cora is precious--love that monogrammed dress....looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. :)

Jaime said...

Oh I am hoping she is feeling better! I think we are out of town for her birthday... but we should plan a get together soon.