Friday, July 20, 2007

Update

Our last doctor's visit on July 16th went very well. We finally heard the baby's heart beat and I had to do the wonderful glucose test. I had been dreading this since everyone said that the drink was horrible. In all actuality it wasn't as bad as I expected. Yes, it was like drinking Mountain Dew times five but I have had worse. Nothing compares to when I turned 21 and took a shot of Aftershock. I will never forget that moment. Kim, I'm sure you remember that lovely flashback.

We are starting to plan the baby shower. Mike's Mom will be hosting it in Orlando. I think it will be September 22nd. For some reason Mike and his Mom are trying to keep it somewhat of a secret. I advised that I will need to know so that I can give his Mom a list of people to invite and to give others a heads up. But for now, I think that will be the date.

We have moved into our other house. It is much bigger, has lots more closet space and is overall a better house. Plenty of room for us to grow. I finished painting the baby's room and we finally received the piece to the crib that was defective. We plan on putting the crib together this weekend and getting the nursery set up. Yeah! It is starting to feel like we have a baby coming. Of course, the movement in my belly was another tell tale sign. I don't think it felt real until I felt the kicks. Only 3 more months. Man, time is flying! Hard to believe Ace and I will be parents very soon. Wasn't I just 16 yesterday and getting my first car. I never believed my parents when they said time speeds up when you get older and just keeps getting faster. Nevertheless, I can't wait to hold this little person inside me.

No comments: